I have been a reader far longer than a writer, and editing has been a passion of mine for almost 20 years. As my children are growing up, I’m looking to take on more clients.
I enjoy creating long-term, collaborative relationships with authors. I hope to build you up as a writer and help your manuscript align with your vision for it, versus transforming it into something that looks like someone else’s dream. I tend to include as many positive comments as I do feedback on confusing or inconsistent parts. Showing our work to others can be terrifying, which is why I emphasize an encouraging and supportive approach.
- Almost 20 years of editing and tutoring: I began with high school and college essays and transitioned to adult manuscripts.
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology: With my understanding of human nature, I have unique insight into helping characters come alive.
- Work as a therapist: I know how to deliver information in an authentic and compassionate way. My revision recommendations are direct, collaborative, and kind.
- Developmental Edits (also known as substantive, structural, or content edits)
- Upper Young Adult & Adult Fiction
- Women’s Fiction
- All Romance Subgenres (especially fantasy and historical fiction)
- Any novel with a strong romantic arc
I believe in relationships that are earned and founded on equal power dynamics. I enjoy flawed main characters and fleshed-out support characters. All levels of romantic steaminess are welcome.
- Character motivation, development, and relationships
- Pacing, plot holes, story arc
- Trimming non-essential threads
- Increasing sensory details
- General overview of consistent grammar struggles
- 3 to 4-week turnaround from the time I receive your manuscript
- We begin with a complimentary 15-minute zoom to see if we’re a good fit and review your goals for your manuscript, so I can best tailor my edits.
- I provide an in-depth look into your manuscript, leaving detailed in-text comments, first impressions, questions, and suggested revisions, as well as a thematic analysis of your work as a whole.
- I often conclude with a zoom call (if desired) to review any of my comments/questions, as well as brain storm solutions to potential inconsistencies or concerns.
- Begins at $0.02 per word
- Please fill out the form below to receive a quote
- Complimentary 15-minute zoom offered to meet before we begin
- First chapter edit available to get a feel for my style before making a commitment